Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rich and luscious

This gorgeous piece of vintage Kimono is so spectacular - my amateur photography skills don't do it justice.  The piece is a rich, luscious purple and I can only dream of what the entire Kimono looked like.


The person who owned this must have felt so beautiful and fortunate when wearing it.  


After about a week of it hanging in my studio I took a deep breath then did what I'm destined to do.  Below are the creations....makes me go aaahhhh with a big smile on my face.
 
I think I'll have to keep one of these for myself.  I just love how each flower is different and beautiful in its own right. 

Oh, and in case you're wondering I keep a small square of each Kimono that I've upcycled so I have a record of each and every piece.  One day they'll be made into a quilt that I can treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment