Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chinese Brocade

The Christmas and new year holiday period has been so nice this year.  Instead of torrential rain or hot and steamy weather it's been just perfect....but a heat wave is supposed to hit early next week.  Lucky I'm then back at my day job with the air conditioning on!  Having the past two and a half weeks away from my usual day job meant I was able to devote entire days to making flowers.  I've also been spoiling myself by going shopping and to the beautician....today's head massage was bliss and I'll be treating myself more often.

Here are my newest creations which I know will be so popular so I made plenty (there's more made than just what's in the photo!)  These Kanzashi flowers are made from Chinese brocade featuring cherry blossom flowers.  Aren't they just gorgeous?!  I love the sheen of the fabric and as per usual will be keeping one of these for me.  As you can imagine I have quite a little collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment