Friday, November 11, 2011

The Weekender

I was fortunate to be interviewed by local Sunshine Coast lifestyle magazine 'The Weekender'.  They contacted me a couple of weeks ago, sent me a list of questions then had a photo shoot at my house - that's the kitchen wall I'm standing in front of!  I'm not used to being the centre of attention and it was confronting...in a nice way of course. 

When the questions came through I found it hard to write about myself because I'm used to writing about other people/products as my daytime career is in marketing for a tourist attraction.  So I pretended I was writing about another person and the words flowed and I couldn't seem to shut up.

I really like the picture of me in my workshop, you can just about see a few pieces of vintage kimono hanging behind me....yet to be upcycled into something wonderful.

I first saw the article when I sat down for lunch at a cafe and I was shocked that little me had received a double page spread - wow - thank you The Weekender

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic! How exciting! And you and your goodies look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete