Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vintage Kimono

I bought some vintage Kimono fabric from eBay earlier this week and am happy with what I chose.  As the fabric is very fine I ironed stabiliser onto the back of it before cutting it up ready to make a flower.  You can see in the picture below what the fabric looks like before I chopped it up...on the left hand side is the flower I made (yet to be completed with a decorative centre).


I love not knowing exactly what the flower is going to look like until it's complete.  Here's the next piece of fabric - this one is also vintage Kimono silk and the red is so bright and luscious - I can't wait to get the rotary cutter onto it!

And here's the last one....the blue is going to look amazing once made into a flower.  This fabric is a cotton and very thin, almost see-through. 

I have some exciting news as well - the Creative Arts Centre at the Hyatt Regency Coolum has taken some of my pieces to sell in their gallery!  A great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment