Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wow!

Yesterday I travelled to Brisbane and attended a workshop held at Piece Together Woolloongabba and hosted by Melanie Gray Augustin from Kimono Reincarnate.  All is can is 'wow' as I had such a wonderful time learning how to make folded flowers from a professional.  Tammy from Piece Together was a wonderful host and her combined studio, workshop and marketplace is to die for - seriously.  If you live in Brisbane you have to contact Tammy at Piece Together to see for yourself.  Here's the two Kanzashi flowers I made using vintage Kimono fabric supplied by Melanie who sources Kimono direct from Japan - a dream for me to do one day!!!!

I couldn't help my myself and bought some vintage Kimono fabric to play around with......

...and here's what I've made so far!  I'll wear the larger ones as a brooch and the smaller ones as a hairclip.

I hope you are having as productive a day as I am.  No doubt I'll be making these all afternoon and well into the night.  If you'd like one of these for yourself or as a gift for someone just contact me.

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! That kimono fabric is just so lovely, isn't it? I can't bear to cut into the small pieces I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Melanie is such a wonderful teacher. Every person who takes a workshop with her walks away happy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! They are gorgeous :-) I can't seem to cut up my kimono fabric pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggled cutting up the kimono fabric too but once I was shown what to do I had a purpose in mind and didn't find it hard - I actually loved it! I recommed you do the next Kanzashi workshop at Piece Together (not sure when it will be though - best to check with Tammy at the shop). My next project with vintage kimono will be a little bag - who knows when though! I'll make sure I post a photo to my blog once done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you, thanks so much for coming to the class. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Have fun playing with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete