Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fabric folded into Kanzashi flowers

I've been a busy little bee since coming back from Japan three weeks ago.  I've been making Kanzashi flowers from some of the fabric I bought and they have proved very popular with lots of people buying them.  Here's a peak at what I've done.

I just knew this black fabric would look amazing once made into a flower.  I also bought this fabric in a green colourway but I'll way until Spring to release it.
This cream fabric is great for Autumn and looks stunning worn against black.
The red in this cotton fabric is really rich and the weave of the fabric shows through...maybe not in this photo but it does in real life! 
Love love love this blue flower.  The cotton is quite heavy, like linen.  There's also a pink colourway I bought but I'll wait until Spring to release it.
This owl fabric has been around for a long time but is a favourite and I managed to buy the last lot of it at a store near Shibuya in Tokyo.  There's also a turtle version of this fabric which will hatch soon!
Last but not least here's some Japanese Chirimen fabric which I fell in love with.  The flowers are just as amazing as I hoped they would be.  And I love the the feel of the knobbly, bumpy, silky fabric.
Over the past week I've been folding and cutting these little gems, and today I'll finish them off into necklaces, brooches and hairclips.

No comments:

Post a Comment