Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kanzashi flower necklaces

Yesterday I was on a roll and made all these flowers out of Japanese cotton. 
After the petals were carefully folded I then glued on a satin covered button, which I make myself, as the flower centre.  Then I turned the flower over and glued, using a paintbrush, a circle of the same fabric to the back as well as a loop of matching ribbon for the necklace to be inserted into. 
Here's the finished product.
Oh, and BIG NEWS - I'm going to Japan and am SO EXCITED!  I'm going with a good friend, who used to live there so she knows exactly where to go and what to do, and we'll both be buying fabric for our businesses.  It was a snap decision made in a few hours thanks to Jetstar having a 2 for 1 airfare sale.  I'm looking forward to finding some exquisite vintage Kimono and not to mention the food, oh the food!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a real joy to visit your blog. Beautiful, you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete